Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 6, 2011

"My water line done froze up."

We left Louisville, Kentucky at 9:50 am.  The day was bright and sunny but bitterly cold. As we traveled west along I-65 the temperature warmed up and we finally lost most of the snow off our roof around Nashville, Tennessee. From Nashville, we went through Memphis and south on I-55.  We pulled over for the night at a very nice public campground in Enid, Tennessee (Wallace Creek Campground).
Feb 5th-morning temperature still freezing.  Al was talking to a local southern man.  Al has an uncanny ability to pick up the local accent and  I overheard Al telling his new friend, "My water line done froze up."
Driving from Tennessee into Mississippi and then into Louisiana the temperature finally warmed up.  In Louisiana we bought some jumbo shrimp and had a shrimp boil for dinner.  Yum.  We'll be bringing back lots of that spice for home. 
Down in the south the gas prices are low.  We're paying around 2.99 a gallon which converts to about 80 cents per litre.

2 comments:

  1. Ata work pawh, yous always bin one fur dialects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, excellent job, Mr. Booker! I hear the Louisiana crustaceans are superb to eat. I'm glad you two enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete